CELPIP (Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program) is one of the two high-stakes English language tests authorized by IRCC for Canadian immigration purposes, the other being IELTS (International English Language Testing System). Individuals looking for permanent residence or citizenship in Canada can take this test for an advantage over their applications for Canadian immigration. The CELPIP test allows test takers to demonstrate their English language skills for dealing with different situations, especially in Canada. If you also dream of migrating to the country, go through the details of this test we will discuss here.
The primary purpose of the CELPIP exam is to evaluate the English competence of candidates taking the exam.
Other than this, the exam is best for candidates interested in getting their permanent residence, citizenship, or professional designation in Canada. CELPIP is also applicable to apply for express entry, start-up visas, and PNP (Provincial Nominee Programs).
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) accepts CELPIP for Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, and other immigration programs.
Many Canadian universities and colleges accept this exam for admission to their programs.
Professional organizations in Canada, such as the Canadian Nurses Association and the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada, require candidates to take this exam as English proficiency proof.
Many employers in Canada accept the CELPIP-General test as a measure of English language proficiency for job applications.
CELPIP is divided into two categories: CELPIP General and CELPIP General LS.
CELPIP General –
This format of CELPIP contains four modules named speaking, reading, listening, and writing, and students need to score well in all these sections.
Also, it is used for PR applications and professional job profiles.
CELPIP General is around 3 hours, and all modules are done in one sitting.
CELPIP General LS –
Test takers' listening and speaking capabilities are evaluated in this mode of the CELPIP test.
This test is used to apply for citizenship in Canada.
The test takes one hour and is done in one sitting with no separate speaking session.
Four modules of the CELPIP exam are taken back to back on a computer. Each section has a different format, time limit, and difficulty level. Let's go in-depth to study the different modules of this test.
Listening: Listening has six parts, and candidates are to attend each part to prove their skills in understanding English-speaking persons. This section lasts about 55 minutes and is more accessible than other English proficiency tests. Remember that for CELPIP, you will listen to the audio first and then see the questions. So note-taking is essential if you want to score high at listening.
Reading: The reading section lasts about an hour and contains four sections. All questions are multiple-choice, and students must choose the correct option after reading comprehension carefully.
Writing: The writing section has two tasks and takes around 50 minutes to complete. An email is to write on a given everyday matter for task 1. For task 2, students need to respond to survey questions.
Speaking: The last section, speaking, has eight parts and is completed within 15-20 minutes. Unlike IELTS, speaking in CELPIP is taken via computer in a room with other candidates.
1. Fee: The cost of taking the CELPIP exam varies depending on the country and region where the test is administered. In India, the CELPIP exam fee is ₹10845.00.
2. Test Centres: CELPIP is administered in various locations across India, Canada, and worldwide. Test centers are located in major cities and regions, and you can find a list of available test centers on the official CELPIP website.
3. Result: CELPIP test results are typically available within 4-5 business days after the test date. Test-takers can access their results online by logging in to their CELPIP Account. The results include a score report showing the individual's overall score and scores for each test section. The score report also indicates whether the test-taker has met the language proficiency requirements for various purposes, such as immigration or academic purposes.
Many candidates find that enrolling in a CELPIP preparation course helps them obtain their desired scores on the CELPIP Test. Official CELPIP Test Centres of Western Overseas have dedicated CELPIP experts to aid test takers in developing English skills. The benefits students get on joining our CELPIP preparation course are as follows.
1. Improved Understanding of the Test Format: One of the primary benefits of enrolling in a CELPIP preparation course is that students better understand the test format. Our CELPIP experts provide detailed information about the different sections of the test, the types of questions asked, and the time limits for each section. This knowledge helps test-takers to prepare better for the test and to manage their time effectively during the exam.
2. Targeted Practice: Our CELPIP preparation courses provide targeted practice for each test section. Students are given sample questions and practice exercises similar to those on the test. This targeted practice helps students to identify their strengths and weaknesses and to focus on the areas where they need the most improvement.
3. Customized learning: CELPIP preparation courses are tailored to meet the individual needs of each student. CELPIP experts assess students' language skills and provide them with customized learning plans that focus on the areas where the student needs the most improvement.
4. Tips and Strategies: CELPIP experts provide valuable tips and strategies for each test section. These tips and strategies help students approach the test confidently and answer the questions more effectively.
5. Feedback and Support: Our CELPIP preparation courses provide feedback and support to help students improve their language skills. CELPIP experts provide feedback on practice exercises and sample questions and offer improvement guidance. This feedback and support can be constructive in boosting a student's confidence and helping them achieve their desired test score.