Dependent Visa USA 2023 | Western Overseas

"Do you have a family member you want to bring to the USA? So Let's come and apply for a dependent visa with Western Overseas."

A dependent Visa USA allows the spouse and kids to stay and travel to the U.S. with their family members who are U.S. citizens or U.S. Visa holders (living, working, or studying in the USA). A dependent visa permits families to live together in the United States with a corresponding visa type. As we all know, the USA is the top choice among people worldwide to visit, study, and work. Getting a dependent visa to the U.S. is complicated, but Western Overseas helps you at every step to smooth your journey abroad. Here, "dependents" relates to the spouses or minor children (unmarried). The dependents can apply for a visa simultaneously as a scholar/student, or they are eligible to apply for a visa later. Please scroll below to learn the eligibility criteria, types of dependent visas in the USA, application process, and privileges.


Types of USA Dependent Visa

The type of USA-dependent visa depends on sponsors' status in the United States. There are various programs to call dependents to the U.S., but some of the sought-after visa types are listed below upon the validity of primary visas.

1. H4 Dependent Visa

The H4 dependent visa allows spouses or children (under 21 years of age) of U.S. individuals working already under the H1-B category. If you have an H4 visa, you can stay in the U.S. if your partner has a valid visa. Also, You can attend school and open a local bank account but cannot work until you obtain an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Such dependents need to fill out an I-539 application. Plus, Proof of relationship (to the H-1B worker) such as a marriage certificate, birth certificate for children, and A valid passport is required unless a passport is exempt.

2. F2 Dependent Visa

The F2 Dependent visa allows the spouse or children  (under 21 years of age) of USA individuals studying already on an F1 permit. As long as the F-1 maintains its status in the USA, the F-2 may remain. The F2 visa holder is not eligible to seek employment during their stay in the USA. The F1 visa holder is responsible for taking care of all financials and expenses incurred by the F2 visa holder. Also, The F2 visa holder can only pursue full-time courses while living in the United States.

3. L2 Dependent Visa

This L2 visa type is for those dependents of USA individuals on company transfer in the United States under the L1 category. Under this L2 (non-immigrant) visa, dependents are eligible for a work permit from the EAD (Employment Authorization Document). This permit allows the dependents to work In the U.S. under any company. However, children are not allowed to work. They are only allowed to attend school. The time of stay is the same as the primary holder's visa. 

4. J2 Dependent Visa

The J2 visa type is for spouses or children of USA individuals on exchange programs under the J1 category. The Visitors under this J2 dependent visa may request work authorization (from the USCIS) by submitting the form I-765.

Other dependent visas in the USA

Apart from the Visas mentioned above, the dependent visa USA has some more visa types. Here is the following list for more US-dependent Visas.


Documents and Requirements for USA dependent visa

1. Passport-sized Photos: You will need passport-sized photos that meet the requirements of a U.S. visa photo.

2. Proof of Relationship: You must prove your relationship by providing documents with the spouse, child, or parent (primary visa holder). It may include marriage certificates, adoption certificates, or birth certificates.

3. Principal Visa Holder's Visa Copy: You will require the primary holder's visa copy (H-1B, F-1, etc.) to find their legal status in the USA.

4. Proof of Financial Support: You must show sufficient funds to cover your expenses. It can include letters from employers, bank statements, or an affidavit of support from a sponsor.

5. Passport: You need a valid passport (valid for at least six months) beyond your date of entry into the USA.

6. DS-160 (Visa Application Form): The initial step is to complete the DS-160 form online. After completing it, you will get a confirmation receipt that you need for the visa interview.

7. Visa Fees: You need to pay a non-refundable visa application fee. The fee amount may vary depending on visa type and country of residence.

8. Medical Examination: Most visa categories must undergo a medical examination by an approved panel physician.

9. Visa Interview Appointment: After completing the DS-160 form and paying the visa fees, you must schedule a U.S. visa interview.

How to apply for a USA dependent visa | Western Overseas

Well, there are two ways to apply for a USA-dependent visa: by yourself and with the help of Western Overseas. You can visit one of our nearest branches and take counseling for your profile. Then, we will help you to gather all the documents in one place and be ready to start the application process. We will fill out the complete application form with the correct information. Make sure to read all the guidelines properly before filling out the form. Pay the visa application fees, and remember to take the receipt. After all this, we will book an appointment for you for an interview. Attend the discussion and give genuine answers with all your valid documents. Lastly, wait for results; if the visa is approved, you will receive a confirmation. So, contact our experts today and get a free profile assessment in our nearest branch now!