What is PTE Academic?:
PTE Academic is a computer based English language test for international students, which is accredited by leading universities and colleges around the world. Due to the availability of earliest dates and immediate results, it is a fast emerging English Language Proficiency test among the students.
How is it different from other tests?
Authentic testing material and work: Demonstrate your ability to use academic English in real life.
Fully computerized test: providing fair and reliable results.
Fast delivery of results: typically within 5 working days.
Flexible booking: you can book for the next day or next week, no need to wait longer!
Check out the table that can differentiate it in a better manner:
|Registration time||15 Days||7 Days||48 Hours|
|Result||13 Days||14 Days||5 business days|
|Time between two attempts||2 Weeks||2 Weeks||5 days|
|Test duration||2 Days||4 hours||3 hours (single sitting)|
Who recognizes the test?
The test is recognized by 3000 programs globally and is recognized by DIAC and UKBA for student visa applications.
For more information visit
Where can I take the test?
There are test centers in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Kochi, Kolkata, Ludhiana, Mumbai, New Delhi, Pune, Patiala, and Rajkot.
To check availability in real-time visit http://pearsonvue.com/pte/sa/
What is the cost of the test?
How long does the score remain valid?
PTE Academic structure:
|Speaking and writing:||Reading||Listening|
|Time||77-93 Min||32-41 Min||45-57 Min|
|Question types||7 (+Intro)||5||8|
How do I prepare for the test?
Make sure to get yourself familiar with the test pattern and the range of preparation resources at www.pearsonpte.com/prepare. You can also check out the free online tutorial at http://pearsonpte.com/tutorial
If you need expert’s guidance for test preparation, our certified and expert trainers help you at every stage by using modern customized training PTE training programmes to ensure comprehensive improvement in your ability to score excellent results. Western Overseas is one of the most preferred centers for PTE institute located in Ambala, Chandigarh, Amritsar, and Kurukshetra.
Important Tips And Strategies:
Follow these below tips for pte exam and know how to score 80+ in Pte.
Understand The Basics:
- Understanding the scoring system of each question, can easily change the table in your favor.
- Pay close attention to the instructions provided in every question.
- Watch out for time limits. If it has a time limit, provide your response in the given time duration.
- Beware of negative marking questions. If there is a multi-choice answer, make sure not to answer unless you are absolutely sure.
- In speaking, maintain proper fluency and try speaking as natural and native-like you can.
- Try to avoid silly mistakes like spelling errors or forgetting the instructions or missing to listen to certain words.
- It is an entire computer-based exam, that does not depend on any human judgment or emotions.
Look For Areas Where You Lack The Most:
- Knowing your suspicious subject areas will help you to work on them and rectify them.
- Have a thorough understanding of questions you are comfortable with and the ones that make you a little distressed.
- Remind yourself of how you once tackled a tough question and now you are pro at it. Seeing your achievements and mistakes regularly makes a picture of your current situation quite clear..
- Continuously challenge yourself and practice.
PTE Follows A Unique Scoring Technique:
- For scoring, PTE not only considers your communicative skills but provides a proper review of you enabling skills as well.
- In speaking, you will need to have good listening skills.
- To write efficiently or answer reading questions, you must know the right vocabulary and have an understanding of the grammar and coherence.
- While listening, you will need to know the right spellings, or else you could lose a big deal of scores.
- Regular practice and getting evaluated on your daily attempts will help you know your exact position and will enable you to decide when to go for an actual PTE exam.
Time Management And Focus Are The Key:
- These two qualities will win you half the battle. The other half is the right knowledge of English language.
- Time management comes with consistent practice. Mindfulness comes with concentration.
- Having outright presence of mind and staying alert definitely works when you want to score high in PTE.
What score do I need?
Check the score you need with the university you are applying to. For example, most UK universities require a minimum score of 51 for undergraduate and postgraduate courses and a minimum score of 36 for qualifications below degree level. You can find more details on http://pearsonpte.com/TestMe/Taking/Pages/Acceptance.aspx
How will the university check my score?
Results are issued to candidates securely online through your Pearson account. No paper certificates are issued to students or institutions. Once you receive your scores you can send them online to as many institutions as you want, free of charge.
Do I need to provide my score report if I am applying for the UK student visa?
If you are applying for a UK student visa you must also send your scores online to the UKBA and also print a copy of your results to include in your visa application. For more information click http://pearsonpte.com/TestMe/About/Pages/HowtousePTEAcademicwithUKBA.aspx
Find out more about PTE Academic
Or stay connected with Western Overseas on social media