Here are some tips according to each type of questions to help you prepare for the listening section of the PTE exam.
General Listening Tips –
- Listen actively, which means learn to listen to English songs differently. Focus on the lyrics which requires more attention.
- Watch movies and TV shows first with subtitles and then without subtitles.
- Listening to new content will increase your vocabulary which will improve your understanding of spoken English while listening.
Summarize spoken text
- Restrict your answer to 50-70 words.
- You can start by saying something “The speaker said”
- Use the provided notepad to write down the keywords.
- Close your eyes for better attention.
- Focus on the theme and most repeated words.
Multiple-choice, choose multiple answers
- Don’t make blind guesses as this question has negative marking
- It is recommended you read questions before the audio starts.
- Stay focused till the end as the answers could be in the end.