Latvia Student Visa Requirements
To study in Latvia you need a Student visa. Read the step by step Latvia Student Visa Requirements and process with the list of required documents and be careful because a single mistake can be the reason of your visa rejection.
Step-1: Original documents required from students (Apostille)
- ESL Application form
- Photo with white background (35/ 45 size)
- All educational documents- X, XII/PUC and Bachelors Certificates and Marksheet (Translated into English)
- Provisional certificate not accepted
- Grade should be 50% and above
- IELTS, TOFEL, Medium of Instruction certificate or any English Proficiency Certificate
Step-2: Upon receiving the above documents, ESL will process admission
Step-3: The applicant will receive a Conditional Acceptance Letter and Invoice for paying Application fee
It is one of the most important step of the Latvia Student Visa requirements, you should be careful while transferring the fee.
- Payment will be made direct to the University’s Account
- Application fee – around 180 -300 Euro -Depends on course and university
Step-4: The applicant should face a skype interview or online tests
- Some Universities do not have any admission tests.
- For non-confident students -ESL will help in online tests. ESL will give training for Skype interview
Step-5: The Educational Documents will be submitted to the Academic Information Centre (AIC) for verification by the university.
- Duration -minimum 2 weeks to maximum 4 weeks.
- Some universities do not require AIC
Step-6: Upon receiving AIC statement, university will provide the following:
- Final admission letter
- Study Contract
- Invoice for tuition fee – around 2000 -3400 Euro -Depends on course and university
- Invoice for Security Deposit – around 500-700 Euro – Depends on course and university
- Tuition fee and Security fee is refundable, in case of visa rejection.
- After successful payment of Tuition fee, Application for Residence Permit. Only the Bachelor level Applicants will send the following original documents to ESL by DHL or courier. For their Further processing of Latvia Student Visa Process.
|Bachelor level||Masters Level|
|Data Page of Passport with Apostille||NA|
|3 Photos (35/45)-white background||NA|
|Bank Statement of 5000 Euro. The following should be mentioned in bank solvency certificate
• Your Name, surname
• Date of Birth
• Passport Number
• Amount in Euro
International debit card from the same bank.
|Police clearance certificate with Apostille (Legalized by ministry of foreign affairs)||NA|
|X and XII/PUC Certificates and Mark sheets Legalized with Apostille (Legalized by ministry of foreign affairs)
|Residence permit form-ESL will provide. It must be signed with blue pen.
|Signed Study Contract||NA|
|Any legal documents such as marriage certificate, name change affidavit needs Apostille||NA|
|Rest of documents, university will provide (study contract, invitation letter, accommodation contract)||NA|
|Payment of Residence Permit fee (Swift copy)
Fee- for 5 Working Days -355 Euro, 10 Working Days -214, 30 days -72 Euro
• Applicants should transfer to the university.
• It is non-refundable
- Upon successful payment of tuition fee, the university will provide the following visa supporting documents:
|Bachelors Level||Masters Level|
|Invitation letter||Invitation letter|
|Visa Grantee letter|
|Accommodation confirmation letter|
Step-8: Applicants should carry the following documents to the Embassy of Latvia in Delhi and face interview.
|Bachelors Level||Masters Level|
|(Applicants will appear for Residence Permit Interview)
Consular Fee: Rs. 4,600/- by bank draft in favour of Embassy of Latvia
|(Applicants will appear for Visa Interview)
Visa Fee: Rs. 4,600/- by bank draft in favour of Embassy of Latvia
Visa Processing time – 7 days
|Original Passport||C type visa application form-ESL|
Courses offered (Diploma- 2 years):
Checkout the list of the programmes offered by the Latvian colleges to their international students:
- Business Administration
- Personnel Management
- Programming and Computer Network Administration
Colleges we represent:
- Latvia Business College
- Rezekne Academy of Technologies
- Latvia University of Agriculture
- Riga Technical University
Latvia Student Visa Process is not easy as it seems, a single mistake can cause your visa rejection. So, read all the mentioned steps very carefully.