Many students need clarification to make a firm decision among many study abroad destinations. To provide the best solution to students, Western Overseas comes up with top reasons that students must count on to study in France. France is included among the most popular study destinations in Europe. Education excellence and the center of many top universities are among many reasons that make it a perfect choice when someone wants to study higher education in a foreign country. The nation offers countless study programs students cannot find in their own country. France's education and degree value is higher than any other developing country. More than 3,500 institutes in the country offer higher education to international students. These include 77 public-funded universities that offer programs in almost all disciplines. Before we elaborate on the reasons to study in France, learning a little about the country will be beneficial.
The national capital is Paris, one of the World's most beautiful cities.
The country believes in the principles of liberty, equality, and fraternity.
The Currency is euros, which is equal to 87.76 Indian Rupees.
The official language of the country is French. But the English language is spoken widely in almost every area.
The country is blessed with a temperate climate.
As per a recent survey, the population of France is 6.77 crores.
It is a republic country with a government head.
The President of France is Mr. Emmanuel Macron.
The prime minister of the country is Élisabeth Borne.
The country's constitution, established in 1958, makes the nation a secular and democratic state.
France is an independent nation with a vibrant and colossal culture that always remains unparalleled. Planning to study in France, with its myriad opportunities and ventures, will contribute to shaping your personality and career. More than thirty-nine World's most outstanding companies exist in France, ranking it fourth in the Fortune Global 500. It is India's 9th largest foreign investor with an accumulative investment worth US$3 Billion. This country is a world Economic power founder member of the UN and has permanent status. French- International Language is spoken in 47 countries on five continents. So by studying in France, you will get a boost to learn an international language. It is also the World's most famous tourist destination.
France is the World's largest customer of wine. Production of wine in France is 50 and 60 million hectoliters per year. The Second Largest export sector of France is Wine Production. France's Wine Tourism lures 10 million people annually to the wine-producing provinces, 39% of whom are foreigners. It is located in the heart of Europe, adjoined by nine different countries; France is the perfect place to discover Europe.
Quick facts to learn
83 million foreign tourists in 2012 in France, an extensive, unbroken record
France borders Belgium and Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, and also with Spain, and Andorra.
France is the seventh-largest country by economic GDP (nominal).
France represents 20% of the EU's agricultural production.
France was the World's sixth-largest exporter and the fourth-largest importer of manufactured goods.
In terms of aggregate household wealth, it ranks fourth in the World.
1. A place to the World's top institution: The World ranking system says that the nation is home to the top 32 universities. The figure is impressive because no other European country has been able to cross this benchmark. Around 3500+ institutions in France offer various study courses at different levels, including bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. MBA, Engineering, Film Studies, Luxury Brand Management, Hotel Management, Fashion Design, Computer Science, Data Science, Finance, and Medicine are famous courses students are always interested in doing. We list the top five universities that students love to enroll in:
Institut Polytechnique de Paris
École Normale Supérieure de Lyon
2. Affordable education: France is the World's fifth-largest economy. France, the fourth most popular destination for international students, has an affordable education system. Students get no trouble when it comes to paying tuition fees, which are less than in other developed countries. Indian students are impressed with the fee structure of most universities and colleges in France because it fits their budget. So, considering studying in France an affordable option for study purposes won't be wrong.
3. Career and Business exposure: Tremendous career opportunity in the business world is the main reason behind the ever-growing economy of the country. Once students complete their studies, they can never be jobless because the nation's vast business sector has countless openings for freshers and professionals. The top multinational companies that hire graduates are
4. Support students financially: The country's stable economy allows the government to support international students financially. The huge scholarships the education authorities provide to aspirants are hard to ignore. Students from India get inspired by the scheme of getting aid for higher studies, and these aiding programs are good enough to convince students to choose to study in France. Scholarships are available in both governmental and non-governmental institutions. Have a look at some scholarships offered to students.
The Foreign Ministry's Scholarships
The Ministry of Higher Education's Scholarships
The Charpak Scholarship Programme
Raman Charpak Fellowship
Eiffel Scholarship Program of Excellence
The Erasmus+ Mobility Scholarships for Foreign Students
5. Rich culture and compelling lifestyle: The country is blessed with diverse cultures and charmed with comfortable lifestyles that students find easy to adjust to. Students can enjoy scenic tours and explore beautiful cities without disturbing their budget. France student VISA allows students to visit the country and other nearby nations at no extra tourist visa cost. Students can treat themselves to never-seen-before places in the World.
The above-written content is just an overview of the benefits students get when studying in France. Students looking to get a complete consultation for abroad study must reach us. Our best VISA consultants at various locations are appointed to guide students in the right direction. We have branches in Chandigarh, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Bathinda, Patiala, Ambala, Kurukshetra, Karnal, Sonipat, Indore, Canada, and Australia. Plan to study in France with us and achieve your goals.
Studying abroad offers students many destinations that put them in a dilemma to choose the best option. We are here to provide a complete guide for France Student VISA. It is a lengthy and critical process, with the most crucial phase of applying for a student VISA. Here, we will discuss the right approach to getting a study VISA for France. Before moving to our main topic, let's know the types of France study visas and required supporting documents.
Students exempted from study VISA in France
Students from the European Economic Area(EEV) don't need to apply for VISA for study purposes. They can freely enter the nation and start pursuing the course. They share the same privileges and rights as other natives do.
However, non-EEA students must apply for a France student VISA before coming to the country. The two types of VISA students are allotted are:
1. Short-Stay VISA
Students who want to study a course for less than 90 days are eligible for a short-stay visa. The VISA is required for language-learning and training programs that are usually short-term. The plus point about the category is that you don't need to go under the campus France procedure. Students can directly apply for the VISA.
2. Long-Stay VISA
Students looking to study a course over 90 days' duration need a long-stay VISA. This category is designed for students who want to do higher education (Bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs) in the country. Students must undergo the campus France and visa applications, two independent mandatory processes.
Students need to be fully prepared before applying for study VISA. It is good to gather essential required documents and other papers to complete the formalities of the VISA process. So let's get to know about them in detail. The supporting documents that students need to provide are mentioned below:
A travel document, granted less than ten years ago, including at least two blank pages, with a validity period three months longer than the date you intend to leave the country.
TRF, if applicable/MOI
LOR (minimum 2)
Students must have to show the monthly of 615 Euros
Scholarships certificate in case you have
Financial proof to support your living in the country.
Proof of accommodation can be in any form of hotel reservation, rental contract, sworn statement/undertaking from the host (establishment/institution or private individual), or explanatory letter from the student detailing how the accommodation is arranged.
France Student VISA Applicable Fee
The amount to be paid is 99 euros (€), or about 8738 INDIAN RUPEE. The students need to pay the amount in the France currency, EURO.
A step-by-step approach to applying for a study VISA helps a lot in getting a visa. So, let's learn the steps and start with the procedure.
Step 1: File Preparation
File preparation is not a piece of cake, and your file plays a crucial role in visa approval. So, it is better to get your file prepared by a qualified and expert VISA counselor to ensure the VISA's success.
Step 2: Online registration to apply for admission at a French institution
Make an account at campus France. Fill out the campus France form (academics + language skills, CV + SOP, etc.) and submit your file online.
Step 3: The academic interview
It is an essential round in France Student Visa Process. You must appear in person interview with all necessary documents. You must clear this interview to be eligible to study in France.
Step 4: Appointment with VFS- France
Once you finish the academic interview, make an appointment with the VFS-France authority.
Step 5: Collect your visa and OFII form from VFS
Within three months, a student must complete an OFII form that verifies the student's status.
Working rights details are not mentioned in the France Student Visa application, but it is an essential point that every student should know about before applying for the VISA. The France immigration authority permits international students to do work under the following terms and conditions:
1. Work permission while Studying
A long-term visa permits students to work 964 hours per year, equivalent to 60% of full-day work. A student can work in various fields according to their interest and skills. Internship programs are available to support students financially.
2. Post-study work permit
Students can extend their stay in the country once they finish their studies. It requires a separate procedure to work on. A deal was made between India and France during the tour of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2015. This agreement allows Indian students in France to stay for 24 months after doing the master's degree.
Students seeking the answer to this question must consult Western Overseas VISA consultants. European VISA experts at the firm guide students in the best manner and let them know the advantages of choosing to study in France. Students who still need clarification related to their France VISA doubts will find the best solution at this place. Nine branches of the best VISA consultants in Chandigarh, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Bathinda, Patiala, Ambala, Kurukshetra, Karnal, and Sonipat are putting their best efforts to resolve the France VISA queries. Students can also book online counseling for France Student VISA.